The feel of riding and durability are two decisive factors when designing seals for forks in motorcycles. Especially in off-road applications, such as enduro or motocross, the requirements on the sealing are very demanding.
SKF has developed a range of seals with this in mind. Solutions are available for both off-road and on highway use. For motorcycles, the seals come in pairs with a separate oil seal and dirt wiper seal tuned to each other to give low friction for the best riding experience, as well as long life.
- One SKF oil seal and one SKF wiper seal developed to achieve superior sealing performance.
- New self-lubricating compound.
- Virtually eliminates stick-slip and improves performance by reducing friction.
- Bench tested over 1 million cycles - Developed in tests conducted at 50 hours with no further maintenance.
- More than 20% reduction in friction compared to standard seals.
- Smoother fork action.
- Compatible with a wide range of original equipment and aftermarket oils.
- Increased seal life and performance.
- Enhanced water and dirt protection capability and withstand UV light.
- Maintain low and constant friction in operation.
- Reduced wear and air suction.
- Note: Sold per fork leg - must purchase two for complete set.